Cheesecake with Cherries: This simple cheesecake tastes wonderfully fruity
Author Aline Neissner
For some it’s a cheesecake, for others it’s a traditional cheesecake. With cherries, sweet or sour, it tastes juicy, fruity and fresh.
Whether it’s called cheesecake or cheesecake, it’s still a very tasty cake.
Most importantly, this cheesecake offers so many different options. Almost any fruit can be used as a fruit topping, whether fresh or canned, depending on what you like at the moment.
A piece of cheesecake with fresh cherries doesn’t just taste good with coffee during cherry season. With canned cherries, this cake can be baked all year round.
TAG24 tells you simple and classic with step-by-step instructions recipe for cheesecake with cherries and gives a few useful tips how nothing can go wrong when baking.
Cheesecake with cherries | recipe
In addition to the ingredients, you will need a baking pan (diameter 26 centimeters), a mixing bowl, a mixer, a grater and a saucepan to bake a cheesecake with cherries.
To prepare, you can preheat the oven to 175 degrees on top/bottom heat (155 degrees with fan) and grease a cake tin with butter and sprinkle with a little flour.
Cherry Cheesecake Recipe | ingredients
For the dough:
- 300 grams of flour
- 150 grams of butter
- 75 grams of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 egg
For the curd filling:
- 500 grams of cottage cheese
- 200 milliliters of whipped cream
- 100 grams of butter
- 125 grams of sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons of lemon zest
- 1 packet of vanilla sugar
For the cherry topping:
- 500 grams of cherries (from a jar)
- 30 grams of sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
By the way: Cherries are rich in minerals and vitamins. They are said to stimulate digestion and can have a positive effect on inflammation, high blood pressure, dementia and gout.
Cherry Cheesecake Recipe | preparation
1. Step: For cake base all the dough ingredients are first placed in a mixing bowl and kneaded into a smooth mass. Whether you work the dough by hand or use a stand mixer is up to you.
2. Step: Now the dough is covered with a kitchen towel and placed in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
3. Step: While the dough rests, the whipped cream can be whipped hard and put in the refrigerator for a while.
4. Step: For curd filling or is first mixed with eggs and sugar into a creamy mass. Then add curd, lemon zest and vanilla sugar and mix well.
5. Step: Now you can carefully lift the whipped cream under the cream mass.
6. Step: After the dough has rested for 30 minutes, it can be placed on the bottom of the springform pan. If you wish, you can also pull up a small edge with the dough.
7. Step: Now the cream filling is distributed on the dough base and smoothed evenly. The cake then goes into the oven to bake for 60-70 minutes.
8. Step: For cherry pie the cherries are first poured over the pot onto a sieve to collect the juice better. The starch is then mixed with sugar and 3 tablespoons of cherry juice to a smooth mass.
9. Step: The remaining juice is now brought to a boil and the starch-sugar mixture is added. The whole thing should simmer, stirring constantly, until it thickens.
10 Step: Finally, the cherries are carefully lifted under the glaze.
11. Step: When the cake base with the cream filling is baked, you can spread the cherry mixture on top. Allow to cool slightly and serve.
Cheesecake with cherries: tips and variations
1. Tip: If you like it even easier, after step 7, you can spread the cherries directly on the base of the dough and then put the curd filling on top. Steps 9 to 12 are then skipped. When the cake is baked, you can sprinkle powdered sugar on top.
2. Tip: As an alternative to the curd mixture, this cherry cake can also be filled with vanilla pudding.
3. Tip: Of course, fresh cherries can also be used for this cheesecake. They must be pre-washed and completely gutted.
4. Tip: To make sure that the cake is really cooked, you should do a so-called stick test after about an hour. To do this, pierce the dough with a wooden stick. If the remains remain on the skewer, the cake should stay in the oven for a while.
5. Tip: If you don’t have a springform pan, you can use a baking sheet instead. In this case, however, a shorter cooking time should be observed. The chopstick test is also a good idea here.
6. Tip: The cheesecake can be varied with other fruits as desired. For example, blueberries, raspberries or strawberries are super tasty.
TAG24 wishes you lots of fun, good luck with your baking and bon appetit!
Cover photo: 123rf/annafedorovait