Juices and smoothies freeze well. In this article, we’ll show you what to look out for and some practical tips.
Juices and especially smoothies can provide you with valuable nutrients. If you have juice or smoothies left and you want to preserve them or just smoothies cooking If you wish, freezing is a particularly good method of preservation.
In our second article, you can read what makes a healthy smoothie how healthy smoothies really are.
This is the best way to freeze a juice or smoothie
There are two good ways to get the most out of freezing your juice and smoothie. In order to preserve as many nutrients as possible in the juice or smoothie, it should be frozen as fresh as possible.
- Pour the liquid into an ice cube tray. If possible, also pack them in an airtight container. This way you can easily remove the frozen smoothie cubes if necessary. The frozen juice or smoothie does not need to be thawed in the ice cube tray beforehand. Simply add the desired amount to the blender with liquid or other ingredients.
- Alternatively, you can freeze a juice or smoothie in a glass container. Note that the volume of the liquid increases as it freezes. To prevent the container from bursting, leave enough space in the container and do not fill it completely.
Tips for freezing juice and smoothies
- If you know ahead of time that you’re going to freeze your smoothie, you can make it a little thicker. After thawing, its consistency is more liquid than before freezing.
- The gentlest way is to thaw a frozen juice or smoothie glass in the refrigerator overnight or for a few hours.
- Another option is to use up leftover juice and smoothies paprika or homemade ice cream process.
- Color changes may occur depending on the ingredients in your juice or smoothie. Adding lemon juice can help because it can protect against oxidation. It is worth remembering that lemon naturally has its own taste.
Read more at Utopia.de:
** noted ** or orange underlined Some of the links to supply sources are affiliate links: if you buy here, you are actively supporting Utopia.de, because we will then receive a small share of the revenue from the sale. More information.
Do you like this post?
Thanks for the vote!