Lemon salt gives your dishes a particularly aromatic note. We’ll show you how easy it is to do it yourself.
Homemade lemon salt brings a refreshing and fruity change to your dishes. It is particularly suitable for vegetable pans, salads salad dressings and sauces. We recommend using ingredients organic quality choose. This way you avoid chemical-synthetic ones pesticides.
Lemon salt: a recipe for making it yourself
This recipe gives you enough lemon salt for many dishes. For example, you can put lemon salt in a large salt shaker or a small mason jar.
Make your own lemon salt
- Preparation: about 5 minutes
- Cooking time/cooking time: about 20 minutes
- People: 1 portion(s)
Wash the lemon with hot water and then dry it with a kitchen towel.
Grate the lemon zest with a grater.
Squeeze the juice from the lemon with a lemon squeezer. Pour the juice through a fine-mesh sieve to remove the pulp. All you need is juice.
Mix the salt with the cream and lemon juice.
Spread lemon salt on the baking sheet and put it in the oven at 100 degrees for 20 minutes. This step is important for your lemon salt to lose water and have a long shelf life.
Allow the lemon salt to cool completely and then pour it into a glass container.
Tips for Homemade Lemon Salt
These tips will make your lemon salt even more flavorful:
- You can take lemon salt with you herbs mixture of your choice. In the fourth step, add fresh and chopped herbs. When the salt has come out of the oven and cooled down, you can add the already dried herbs. For example, rosemary can complement lemon salt wonderfully.
- Pay attention Grate lemon zest Make sure you don’t rub the white skin off, or just a little bit. It’s under the yellow rind and adds a bitter note to your lemon salt.
- Of course, you can also add salt other citrus fruits production. You can also use orange or lime instead of lemon.
- Select the salt of your choice. For example, you can use fine-grained sea salt or coarse-grained rock salt. Coarse-grained lemon salt is suitable for filling the salt mill with it. You can also leave the coarse salt in the oven for a few minutes longer to make the lemon salt really dry.
- By the way, homemade lemon salt with its refreshing yellowish color is wonderful as a gift idea. You can still decorate the glass and you have a homemade souvenir.
Read more at Utopia.de:
** noted ** or orange underlined Some of the links to supply sources are affiliate links: if you buy here, you are actively supporting Utopia.de, because we will then receive a small share of the revenue from the sale. More information.
Do you like this post?
Thanks for the vote!