Barbecue is one of the most popular pastimes in summer. In line with the current focus on nutrition, health care is expanding “Tut gut!” his digital cooking magazine with four new videos on “Healthy. Grilled”. For example, vege campfire patches or grilled stone fruit with raw goat cheese are served.
“It doesn’t always have to be bratwurst or ready-made pickled chop,” says nutrition expert Irene Öllinger. – and on: “Poultry or fish is more than just a suitable alternative. There is a balanced addition of mushrooms, potatoes, peppers or zucchini. But even vegetarian grilled foods are very fashionable.
“,Is good!’ “The healthy, grilled” format has something for everyone, from light and healthy barbecue ideas to colorful and nutritious dishes to enjoy, “says Martin Eichtinger, a provincial councilor, who urges people to discover and try the dishes.
Regional and seasonal
Many vegetables, such as peppers, courgettes, aubergines, cobs, chard, fennel, tomatoes, broccoli, cauliflower or edible mushrooms, are available throughout the summer and are therefore regionally available. Almost every vegetable is suitable for grilling and is not only healthy but also delicious. In addition, it brings color to the plate, as it is known that the eyes also eat.
Healthy Grilling Tips “Have Guts!”
• Trap Caution: Ready-made sauces can be real fat and sugar traps. Surprise your guests with yoghurt-sour cream mixes or homemade dips and sauces based on fruit chutney. Refined with fresh herbs, you can easily save calories and salt. And: You also know the ingredients.
• Healthy side dishes: how about a crispy salad, grilled vegetables or toasted whole grain bread?
• Variety is also good when grilling. Try vegetarian products like tofu or seitan.
• Grill properly: When grilling, make sure that as little fat as possible drips onto the ignition or burners. Because it produces harmful substances in the smoke that are deposited in the food being grilled.
• Cut out charred areas, do not eat them.
• Fresh herbs not only flavor grilled sauces, marinades and grilled food, but are also ideal for pesto mixed with grilled vegetables.
• Use high-quality oils such as linseed, walnut, poppy or sesame oil in salad marinades. It also brings a healthy change to salad dishes.
• Grilled marinades should use oils suitable for high temperatures, such as rapeseed or sunflower oil. Olive oil is suitable for fast grilled foods such as fish or vegetables.
More information: noetutgut.at/nutrition