Kale salad is a fresh alternative to traditional boiled kale. Let’s talk about how to process healthy winter vegetables raw and which ingredients make a salad taste especially good.
In German winter cuisine, kale is usually cooked on the table. The traditional type of cabbage can also be eaten raw: the leaves can be used, for example, in a crispy kale salad.
Locally grown kale can be purchased from November to February. Here, it is best to pay attention to the organic quality and also to other ingredients, such as together natural land– or in the Bioland seal. How to support one organic farming without chemical-synthetics pesticides.
Kale salad: a simple recipe
For 1 to 2 servings of kale salad, you’ll need the following quotes:
And this is how you make kale salad:
- Remove the stem from the kale, wash the vegetables thoroughly and chop them.
- Wash the mushrooms and cut them into slices.
- peel and chop the onion.
- Sweat the onion cubes together with the mushrooms in a pan for a while until the onion cubes become transparent.
- Place the kale in a bowl and pour over the juice of one lemon. Let the kale leaves soak for about ten minutes. This makes the tough kale softer and easier to chew later.
- While the leaves are soaking, you can prepare the dressing for the kale salad. To do this, mix the tahini with the juice of another lemon. Season the sauce with olive oil, salt and a little agave syrup.
- Place the chickpeas in a colander, rinse and drain.
- Meanwhile, cut the apple into small pieces. Give the pieces with the chickpeas and dressing up in a bowl with kale.
- Mix everything well and let the kale salad rest for a while before serving.
Kale Salad: This is why winter vegetables are so healthy
Kale has rightly been considered a regional superfood. Cale, as it is called in English, is a real vitamin bomb and low in calories. Thanks to healthy winter vegetables, kale salad contains, among other things:
Important: Vitamins A, D, E and K are fat soluble. So don’t skip the oil in your salad or your body won’t be able to absorb them from the kale.
In addition, kale salad is rich in essentials minerals. They include:
Kale is usually served as a side dish to hearty dishes. Since some of the ingredients are heat-sensitive, kale is best for health when eaten raw – for example, in kale salad. But also for one Kale smoothie raw leaves can be processed.
** marked ** or underlined in orange Some links to sources of supply are links to affiliates: if you buy here, you actively support Utopia.de, as we will receive a small share of the revenue from the sale. More information.
Do you like this post?
Thanks for the vote!