You can make your own ice cream without an ice cream maker. You can use regional, seasonal and organic ingredients and make vegan ice cream as well. We’ll show you how it’s done.
Make your own ice cream – how does it work?
Ice is basically nothing more than a frozen liquid. But to prevent it from freezing into a hard block like an ice cube, it is stirred regularly. This breaks up the ice crystals and makes the ice cream creamy. That’s what an ice cream maker does: it cools the ice cream mass and constantly stirs it.
But you can also make ice cream yourself without an ice cream machine. Here’s how it goes:
- Mix the ingredients according to the recipe and pour into a freezer container.
- Place the container in the freezer.
- Check from time to time whether the mass starts to freeze.
- Stir the ice cream mass vigorously with a whisk or fork as soon as the first ice crystals form. Then chill the ice again.
- Repeat the previous step three to four times after half an hour.
- If the ice cream is still too soft after that, let it stand for another hour or two before eating.
If it’s too time-consuming for you, but you don’t want to do without homemade ice cream, you can of course also use an ice cream machine. It might be worth buying them with friends or neighbors and swapping them back and forth.
5 ice cream recipes you can make yourself without an ice cream machine
strawberry ice cream
- 150 grams of strawberries
- 70 g of refined sugar or powdered sugar
- 125 ml of fresh organic milk
- 50 ml of sweet organic cream
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- Puree strawberries with sugar.
- Mix the fruit puree with milk and lemon juice.
- Whip the cream until stiff and mix in as well.
- Prepare the ice cream as described above.
Variation: Instead of strawberries, you can use any other seasonal berries. You can find out what fruits are in season on our page seasonal calendar.
sour cream ice cream
- 500 ml organic sour cream/sour cream
- 150 g of powdered sugar
- Juice and zest of two organic lemons or limes
Mix the ingredients and prepare the ice cream as described above.
You can also use regular sugar instead of powdered sugar. It is best to boil with 50 ml of water to dissolve. Then let it cool and mix it with the other ingredients.
chocolate ice cream
- 100 ml whole milk
- 50 g fair trade chocolate (cocoa content 70%)
- 50 g fair trade chocolate (whole milk)
- 200 g of organic cream
- 1 teaspoon of powdered sugar
- Heat the milk and melt the chocolate in it.
- Then let the mixture cool.
- Whip the cream with icing sugar until stiff and mix with chocolate milk.
- Then proceed as described above.
banana ice cream (vegan)
- One fully ripe organic fair trade banana per serving
- If possible, use fully ripe bananas that already have brown spots on the skin.
- Cut the bananas into half-inch slices.
- Put the bananas in the freezer for several hours or overnight.
- Then puree them for a few minutes. Ready!
Tip: If the banana ice cream is still too soft for you, you can put it back in the freezer until it is a little firmer. You can also add other frozen fruits.
More banana ice cream recipes: Delicious cream: delicious recipes for making 5-minute ice cream
Raspberry sorbet (vegan)
- 500 g of organic raspberries
- 150 ml of water
- 160 grams of sugar
- Zest of 1/2 unwaxed organic lemon
- Boil water with lemon peel and sugar.
- Let it cook for five minutes.
- Remove the lemon peel and let cool.
- Puree the raspberries with half the sugar solution.
- Then push them through a sieve to remove the seeds.
- Mix the fruit puree with the rest of the sugar solution.
- Place the mixture in the freezer and prepare the sorbet as described above.
Read more at Utopia.de:
** noted ** or orange underlined Some of the links to supply sources are affiliate links: if you buy here, you are actively supporting Utopia.de, because we will then receive a small share of the revenue from the sale. More information.
Do you like this post?
Thanks for the vote!
You may also be interested in these articles