Quince juice offers a refreshing change to the kitchen. We show you how to conjure delicious juice from autumn fruits in just a few steps.
Make your own quince juice: these ingredients are important
This ingredients you need three bottles quince juice:
- 3 quinces
- 1 vanilla pod
- 2 liters of water
- juice one lemon
- 750 g sugar
The following kitchen utensils the preparation must not include:
- cooking pot
- paring knife
- glass bottles
Tip: To sweeten quince juice, instead sugars as well Dear to use.
Homemade quince juice is just a few steps away
If you make quince juice, you should approx one hour plan all working hours. After all, quinces have to be boiled for a long time before they fall apart. How to prepare it:
- Clean the quinces thoroughly.
- Rub the fluff off the peel – that way the juice won’t taste bitter.
- Then core and quarter the quinces.
- Cut the quarters again into smaller slices.
- cut vanilla pod up and scrape out the marrow.
- Fill a saucepan with water and add the quinces. Make sure they are completely covered with water.
- Add the vanilla pod and scraped out vanilla seeds.
- Finally, add lemon juice to the water.
- let quinces at low level approx 30 to 40 minutes simmer until they begin to break down.
- Line the sieve with a kitchen towel.
- Pour the quince juice through a sieve and catch the pulp.
- Then boil the drained quince juice again with sugar until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Pour in the hot quince juice glass bottles around.
If you store your quince juice in a cool, dark place, it will keep for up to a year.
Tip: You can use both the remaining pulp and quince juice to make a delicious fruit Quittengelee or one quince jam process.
Buying quinces: you should pay attention to this
- is inside the quince September and October The season. At this time, it is especially recommended to make your own quince juice. Other season times can be found on our page Utopia Seasonal Calendar remove.
- When buying quinces, make sure they are no longer green, but one strong yellow shade Accepted. Avoid bruised fruit unless you want to use it right away. Otherwise, they will go bad in a short time.
- We recommend putting fruit for quince juice organic quality shop Whenever possible, always use products from organic farming and regional suppliers. Organic food contains none pesticides and get better carbon footprint than conventional products.
Read more at Utopia.de:
** noted ** or orange underlined Some of the links to supply sources are affiliate links: if you buy here, you are actively supporting Utopia.de, because we will then receive a small share of the revenue from the sale. More information.
Do you like this post?
Thanks for the vote!