Adriana (4 years old) and her friend Emil think that “he” tastes like blueberries, six-year-old Jamie “he” tastes like cherries and Timo (6) strawberries – “he” is the “world’s best” children’s punt from the family center meant sunshine in Pfullendorf. Five-year-old Maya and Martin find children’s punch really tasty, while Milena (3 years) prefers homemade cookies.
Fruit tea, juices and fruits
Looking for good recipes for children’s punch, SÜDKURIER found what he was looking for in a family center in the sunshine. “Ever since Mrs. Dippel has been with us, she has been making this recipe for kids’ punch,” reports facility manager Stefanie Seminara. Traditionally, the children’s punch season begins at the Sankt Martin family center. The fruity hot drink accompanies children and staff during the Advent season, from St. Nicholas Day to the Christmas party. “Today is a delicious punch to drink again,” agrees education specialist Katharina Halfinger, deputy director of the Sonnenschein Family Center, who takes care of the “green” group of about 20 children aged 2.9 to school in the canteen.
Children’s punch is not too sweet
Marianne Dippel has been making children’s punch according to the same recipe for about fifteen years. “The recipe is great because it has so much juice and fruit and no artificial additives,” explains the education specialist. When tasting, he also makes sure that the children’s punch is not too sweet.
The Sunshine Family Center covers the pedagogical work under the hashtag “#meinpfullendorf”, the platform of the sponsor city of Pfullendorf on Facebook and Instagram. It makes an impression on families and citizens. But also because, due to the pandemic regulations, parties cannot take place in the day center as usual.
Children’s punch should not be too hot
The Family Center Sunshine team made the recipe for the “world’s best” children’s punch available to SÜDKURIER readers. If you need a smaller amount of kids’ punch, the amounts in the recipe can be adjusted accordingly. “For children, the punch should not be prepared so hot that it can be drunk right away,” concludes Stefanie Seminara’s tip.
The “World’s Best” Punch Recipe
- a large packet of fruit tea
- 2-3 cinnamon sticks
- 10-15 cloves
- 1 whole lemon
- 1 net of oranges
- 3 liters of apple juice
- 3 liters of orange juice
- 2 liters of cherry nectar
- 1 liter of multivitamin juice
- 1 liter of blackcurrant juice
- Heat 10 liters of water in a large kettle and add the fruit tea bags.
- Then let the tea steep for a good 10 minutes. Scoop out all the bags with a spoon.
- Now add the whole 10 liters of juice (be careful, it may splash).
- Put the cinnamon sticks and cloves in a tea strainer and let them steep in the juice for about 5 minutes.
- Peel the oranges and lemon, cut into slices and add everything to the juice. Let the fruit steep for about 10 minutes. After the specified time, filter everything out again.
- The punch can be flavored with honey or sugar at the end.