The noodles are easy to reheat the next day, for example if you have leftovers. We present four options and tell you what to look out for.
Many people like the noodles, they go quickly and are filling. But unfortunately, it is not so easy to estimate the right amount. If you’ve cooked too much pasta, you don’t have to throw it away. You can also quickly and easily reheat them the next day – without them getting too dry or mushy.
We tell you the four ways you need to reheat pasta.
Reheat the noodles in the microwave
If you only want to heat a small portion of the pasta, you can use the microwave (if you have one):
- Place the noodles in a microwave-safe dish and drizzle a little oil or sauce over the noodles. This makes them softer again when reheated.
- Cover the pasta with a microwave-safe lid and set the microwave on medium-high.
- Heat the noodles for about a minute. After that, they should be warmed up and you can eat them.
Warm the noodles in hot water
This trick is especially useful if you need something fast and don’t have a microwave:
- Boil a pot of water.
- Place the dry noodles in a metal sieve and add to the boiling water.
- Leave the noodles in the boiling water for about half a minute.
- Then check if the noodles are warm enough and soft again. If not, leave it in the boiling water for another half a minute. After that, the noodles should be reheated.
By the way, this trick works very well with spaghetti, which forms a large lump of pasta when dried. A brief boil in hot water separates them again.
Alternatively, you can put the noodles in a bowl and pour hot water over them. It warms him up again. After about a minute, you can drain them and the noodles will be soft and warm again. This pasta water you can use to water the flowers as soon as it has cooled.
Reheat the pasta with the sauce in the oven
If macaroni is heated in a pot with the previous day’s sauce, it can burn. In addition, the noodles have become very mushy from lying in the sauce for a long time. When heated in the oven, they become stronger and warmer at the same time. And it goes like this:
- Place the pasta with the sauce in a casserole dish and cover with aluminum foil. This is to prevent the pasta from drying out.
- Put the noodles in the oven at 180 degrees for about 20 minutes to warm up. After that you can eat them.
Heat the noodles in a pan
With this method, the noodles will be a little drier, but it is very simple:
- Heat a little oil in a pan and heat on medium heat.
- When the oil is hot enough, add the noodles.
- Stir frequently to prevent the pasta from burning.
- After 2-3 minutes, the pasta should be warm enough to eat.
Read more at Utopia.de:
** noted ** or orange underlined Some of the links to supply sources are affiliate links: if you buy here, you are actively supporting Utopia.de, because we will then receive a small share of the revenue from the sale. More information.
Do you like this post?
Thanks for the vote!
You may also be interested in these articles