Sloe juice is juicy and healthy. It is said to have a positive effect on the immune system and especially on the stomach and intestines. This simple recipe shows you how to make your own juice at home.
Sloe Juice Recipe: Ingredients
In the sloes you want to use for your juice, you should after the first frost to collect. As soon as they freeze, the bitter substances in them break down. This gives them a fruitier and less sour taste. Alternatively, you can freeze fruit collected before the first frost for a day or two before processing.
About one and a half liters for homemade sloe juice you will need the following ingredients:
- 1 kg sled
- about 1.5 liters of water
- 100 grams of sugar
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
You should also be prepared to:
- two saucepans
- two glass bottles with caps
Make sloe juice: Here’s how it works
Making sloe juice is not difficult, but it is quite time consuming. The actual work is done quickly – but in general it still needs to be done three to four days schedule until your juice is ready.
- Clean and wash your heads. Drain briefly in a colander, then transfer to a large saucepan with a lid
- Boil water in another pot and then pour it over the rocks. Put the lid on the pot and let it stand for a day.
- After 24 hours, pour the entire contents of the pot through a sieve and collect the water in a saucepan. Boil again, pour it on the elves and let them infuse for another day.
- Repeat this process at least three times, preferably four or five times. The more often you boil the sloe, the more intense the juice.
- On the last day, catch the sloe juice in a saucepan, give it sugar and lemon juice and bring to a boil until bubbling. Tip: If desired, you can add something else to the juice Cinnamon taste This gives it a special aroma that goes especially well with the Christmas season.
- Pour the hot juice directly into clean glass bottles and seal them tightly. Then store it in a cool, dark place, such as a basement. Sloe juice can be stored for several months to several years.
Health effects of sloe juice
Many naturopaths mention the positive effects that sloe juice is said to have on the body. However, this has not been scientifically proven. contain slangs Vitamin C and flavonoids as well as various tannins and bitter substances. Especially tannins are of interest. For example, they are said to have the following effects:
Sloe juice is therefore used in natural medicine, especially for mouth and throat infections. In general, sloes should do this too strengthen your immune system and have a positive effect on the digestive system.
Read more at Utopia.de:
** noted ** or orange underlined Some of the links to supply sources are affiliate links: if you buy here, you are actively supporting Utopia.de, because we will then receive a small share of the revenue from the sale. More information.
Do you like this post?
Thanks for the vote!