Updated: 01.07.2022 – 06:46
To sweeten and enjoy: Wonderfully airy sweet cherry cake
Enjoy summer to the fullest – and bake this simple sweet cherry cake that will make your mouth water.
And it’s done like this:
- First, preheat the oven to 180 degrees top/bottom heat (160 degrees fan). Wash and remove the stones from the cherries.
- Break the eggs in a bowl and beat with a mixer for five minutes until fluffy. Now gradually sprinkle in powdered sugar. Continue beating, about four minutes. Add soft butter and mix well.
- Sift the flour and baking powder into another bowl and mix well. Add this mixture to the custard and gently fold in.
- Grease a square baking tray or line it with baking paper. Pour about 2/3 of the batter and spread the cherries on the base. Press a little into the batter, then spread the rest of the batter over the cherries.
- Place the cake in the middle of the oven and bake for about 40 minutes. If the chopstick test is successful, the cake can be taken out of the oven. Allow to cool briefly in the tin, then turn out. Sprinkle with powdered sugar when warm, then let cool completely. Done!
For convenience, many cherry pies are made from canned or canned fruit. This time we’re looking for fresh cherries, even if it takes time to remove the stones, of course. But the result is always worth it! So go ahead: bake ours Sweet cherry cake and convince yourself.
Want more delicious baked goods with cherries? Try our clafoutis with cherries or this cherry cheesecake with chocolate fudge. Pavlova with cherries is also delicious. We’ll show you how to do it:
And if you need more inspiration, check out the gallery:
Our theme pages also have tips and recipes for cakes with and without cherries ready for you. Look!
Do you prefer to use your smartphone to travel? Get the BILD der FRAU free recipe app directly on your mobile! Discover many quick and easy dishes, inspiration for a great dinner with friends or delicacies for your home bakery. Apple users can download the app HERE – Android users can find it HERE.