Updated: 01.07.2022 – 13:45
Perfect for summer
Swiss Mango Dirulades with Lime Rice: a fresh, light dish
Home cooking and finger food in one, these are these little rolls. Filled with tangy lime rice, they are neither bulky nor heavy on the stomach. What more could you want on a hot day?
And it’s done like this:
- Cook the rice in salted water, but only half as long as usual, so that the rice retains its bite. He continues to bake in the oven.
- Wash the courgettes, grate and salt lightly. Peel and chop the onion and garlic. Wash the limes well, dry and grate the peel, then squeeze out the juice. Rinse and chop the mint.
- Cut off the stems of the chard. Put salted water on top of the pot and cook the chard stalks in it for 5 minutes. Then drain. Puree with olive oil, lime juice and zest, garlic and broth.
- Drain the rice and mix with the mint, the remaining lime juice and a little cream. Squeeze out the salted zucchini and mix with the rice, chard puree, onion and crème fraîche. Season with salt and pepper.
- Preheat the oven (150 degrees with fan). Now fill the roulades and place a little of the pre-mixed mass in the lower third of each sheet (the stem side should be towards you, the end of the sheet upwards). Fold the bottom over the filling, then fold the sides in and fold until the end. If necessary, fasten with a toothpick. Do the same with the remaining chard leaves.
- Grease the casserole dish and place the mango rolls in it. Brush with a little more oil and put in the oven for 30 minutes. Done!
These are fresh finger foods that are perfect for summer: our Swiss mango dirulata with lime rice can also be enjoyed cold. Although they also taste great straight from the oven as a home-cooked meal, they are a real treat at this time of year, especially when chilled.
Lime juice in particular is perfect for warm days. It is sharp and fresh and ensures that the rolls are not too heavy, but on the contrary, wonderfully light. Vegetable roulades can also be filled with bulgur instead of rice: the best proof is the Swiss mango roulades filled with Mediterranean bulgur. If you’re in the mood for more roulettes, check out the following gallery:
And now we return to the rice. After all, it plays an important culinary role in our mango rolls with lime rice. Boiling white grains is such a thing. You think you know exactly how to do it, and then some mistakes creep in – without even knowing you’re doing something wrong! But don’t worry, we’ve put together the most common mishaps in a video. Movie from:
Visit our theme pages for more vegan ideas.
Do you prefer to use your smartphone to travel? Get the BILD der FRAU free recipe app directly on your mobile! Discover many quick and easy dishes, inspiration for a great dinner with friends or delicacies for your home bakery. Apple users can download the app HERE – Android users can find it HERE.