All kids love marshmallows, and even adults often can’t say no to a sweet marshmallow. You can also have a lot of fun grilling the finished marshmallows with this recipe. And you don’t need more than four ingredients. Try it. They love it!
Read also: Without fat and really crispy: This is how you easily make your own potato chips – in just eight minutes!
Ingredients for marshmallows
You will need about 25 pieces: 150 milliliters of water, 300 grams of powdered sugar, 2 bags of gelatin (powder), 2 bags of vanilla sugar, oil, 1 tbsp of cornstarch
Read also: Airy quark balls like fresh from the bakery – it’s that simple!
And the marshmallows are made like this:
1. First, soak the gelatine leaves in a bowl of cold water.
2. Now grease the casserole dish with a little oil. Then mix together 1 tablespoon of powdered sugar and 1 tablespoon of starch and sieve everything to cover the mold.
3. Now heat the gelatin and let it boil for a while until it is completely dissolved.
Read also: GDR classics: do you still know Buchteln? This recipe makes them taste like grandma made them
4. Now mix it with the rest of the vanilla sugar and powdered sugar and beat everything with the mixer on the highest setting until fluffy. Tip: If you want colorful marshmallows, add a few drops of color at this point.
5. Pour the dough into the mold and smooth it evenly. Now put the mold in the fridge for about four hours. Preferably overnight. When cool, cut into small squares with a sharp knife. Ready!
Read also: Make your own Sylt herring poutine – it’s very easy with this classic recipe! >>
Enjoy your meal!
Sweet barbecue dessert: sticks with strawberries and marshmallows
Strawberries go well with marshmallows. Skewer and it’s a quick dessert off the grill. 350 grams of strawberries and about 200-250 grams of marshmallows are enough for four people. They are placed alternately on a skewer and fried for 20 minutes, turning, until the pieces of marshmallow are golden brown. This is what the initiative Germany – My Garden, supported by food producers, recommends. If you want it even sweeter, you can drizzle honey on the sticks at the end.
Also read now: Popular as a rocket, forgotten as a rocket: THIS is why spicy salad is much healthier than other varieties! >>
By the way: Marshmallow was originally made from the juice of marshmallow roots. Its name comes from the English term for this plant, marshmallow (peace mallow).